(27th May 2021)
Here is an update on the Covid-19 vaccination registration and testing in Hua Hin.
We get many questions about the vaccination and testing options. At the moment, there is the ability to register for Covid-19 vaccination which we have outlined below as well as testing options available at Be Well Medical Center. If you have a question, after reading this information, please feel free to call us on 02 111 6644 or email us by clicking HERE.
Covid-19 Antigen Test : What is this test?
Unlike the antibody test, which only detects antibodies after 2 to 3 weeks, the antigen test detects a viral infection 5 – 7 days after contamination. If you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive with Covid-19, but showing no symptoms yet, we recommend you do the antigen test 7 days after the contact. In the meantime, please self-isolate yourself.
The test is nearly as accurate as the PCR test, however, in some cases our doctors might advise you to do a confirmative PCR test, especially if the result of the antigen test is inconsistent with your clinical symptoms or risk exposure.
The antigen test, which is approved by the Thai FDA and accepted by the Ministry of Public Health, is executed by a nasal swab and the result is known within 30 minutes (please allow some more time if it is busy).
Based on a negative test we could provide you with a medical certificate for travel or visa purposes but please check with the airline or consulate beforehand to confirm that they accept antigen tests.
Our tests will be conducted between 2pm and 4pm every day. Please fill in the application form, click on the link below, in English or Thai before you arrive at the clinic. Non-members should also bring their passport or Thai ID.
The test will be conducted in a special area outside of the clinic. Please do not enter the clinic if you are a high-risk person; having flu symptoms or recently have had close contact with a person who has tested positive with Covid-19. If you deem yourself as high risk, you need to wait outside, keep a distance from other people and the Be Well staff will take you to the test area.
The fee for the test is THB 1700 for members and non-members. For members, this amount would include a medical certificate, if required. For non-members requesting a medical certificate there is an additional fee of THB 300.
Rapid Covid-19 Test : What is this test?
At Be Well Medical Center, we currently do the Rapid Covid-19 test. Our Covid-19 test is for antibodies made against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Antibodies take 2-3 weeks to build up.
A negative result means that no antibodies have been detected but recent infection cannot be ruled out. So a negative test result alone does not confirm that you don’t have Covid-19.
A positive result means that you were probably exposed to the virus or vaccine but it was more than 2 – 3 weeks ago. A positive result sometimes happens if you have been exposed to a virus similar to SARS-CoV-2 in the past. For this reason, a positive result does not guarantee your protection (immunity) against Covid-19.
This test is FDA approved and you will get your results within 15 minutes. We schedule the Rapid Covid-19 testing between 2pm and 3pm daily if you wish to make an appointment. The fee is THB 1200. Please call us to enquire if this test is suitable for your situation.
We recommend all members to be cautious and adhere to the necessary Covid-19 prevention and hygiene measures:
- Continuing to wear a mask: It is still a requirement in Thailand to wear a mask.
- Keep your distance: Rather than thinking that a certain distance means safety (ie 1 metre, 2 metres etc) it may be better to think in a more general way: the further away, the less the risk
- Wash your hands: Keep this practice up and never touch your eyes, nose or mouth without washing your hands first.
- Keep your clean hands to yourself: Avoid greeting people by shaking hands and hugging.
If you have any flu-type symptoms, running nose, shortness of breath, sore throat or loss of smell/taste, please stay home, isolate yourself and CALL us on 02 111 6644 for advice.
We will keep our members and the community updated on Covid-19 testing and prevention measures on our website. Please also follow us on Facebook for more information.
Special Measures at Be Well.
- To maintain the safety of all our patients and visitors, we ask everyone who comes to the clinic to wear a face mask and to wait outside the door until checked by one of our staff.
- If you think that you may have symptoms of Covid-19 we ask you to stay at home and call us by phone instead of visiting the clinic. This way we can get more details and make a plan of action without causing risk to others in the clinic.
- To support Members who don’t want to leave their home we can provide a pharmacy delivery service, home blood testing and also video consultations with our doctors. (details here.) Although not every medical situation can be managed in this way we will try to work with you wherever possible. Please contact us with any enquiries you may have by email or phone (02 111 6644).